1. A poll that claims to speak on behalf of the average Belizean. The poll was conducted in secrecy and by a prominent member of the Republican party, who campaigned for McCain. Why am I disturbed? McCain was reportedly linked to a group called the World League for Freedom and Democracy involved in influencing politics in Central America and the world. Conspiracy theory maybe or maybe not.
2. A system that demands no accountability. When we live a life without demanding facts, we are simply gullible sheep being led to our slaughter. Never accept a word any politician says. Let them show you the facts. Spreading rumors and propaganda to achieve their ultimate goals have been the accepted practice for way too long. Our media should hold politicians to a higher professional standard.
3. Nardia Garcia, prominent member of the PUP and other members of the PUP seeking elected office are closely linked to the Guatemalan President thru very close family relationship. Disturbing in that our political parties are linked indirectly to a country that continues to claim ownership over Belize.
4. The Port of Belize was foreclosed on by the Ashcroft Alliance. It seems that Ashcroft is strategically acquiring prime real estate that will eventually derail any governmental power so we can become subjects of Ashcroftville formerly known as Belize.
5. PUP battle continue to spill out into the media. Belize need an effective opposition and if the new government is PUP…a stable government. Grow the fuck up already!
6. 17 million dollars of tax payers money will benefit only 770 families. Thousands of people pay their bills. How can people notes be written off without oversight? If you thought giving away $100.00 was generous…try $50,000 to unknown beneficiaries. Who will benefit and who is footing this bill? Show me the facts.
7. The enforcement of our laws are at the pleasure of the government of the day. We are declining socially because of wanton corruption. Selective enforcement and poor prosecution. Where else in the world would a DPP and Attorney General boast a 5% conviction rate and be rewarded with a Queen’s medal and job security?
8. Our children continue to fall victim to crime and violence. What will our future look like, if children are being traumatized by street wars, weekly death of family and friends, and no consequences for bad behavior. We need a 5 year, 10 year, 20 year and 50 year visionary for Belize.
9. There is not a mandated set date for elections. Not having a mandated election date creates uncertainty for investors and citizens. Let us mandate a day every 5 years for general elections and end this atmosphere of uncertainty in our country.
10. Disproportionate representation of citizens. Time for each citizen of Belize to have equal representation in the House of Representative. Until each citizen is equally represented, the people power and influence will remain in the hands of a very selected few thru the “ spoil system“. Spoil literally means to damage severely or harm something. To diminish and impair. Belizeans are victims to the “damage“ system.